Rigid Build Update
With a little help, I got the shovel head engine and trans pulled from the donor bike. I would have liked to keep the original frame, but it was too badly damaged from the accident that it was in with the previous owner.
Fortunately, I happen to have the original frame that the engine belonged to, and I decided to hard tail it and make some slight modifications. I cut the rear swing arm section off and also chopped the neck. I want to keep the original cast gusset and HD numbers. I am planning on stretching the neck as well as adding the hard tail. I salvaged some 1 1/8 tubing from the wrecked frame for the stretch and the plan is to use 1 ¼” for the rear section. The plan is to have it together by the end of August, hopefully.